When buying diamond earrings, is it worth buying a discount pair? The right answer is yes – it is. Don’t let the word put you off. Discount is not synonymous with low-quality, often quite the opposite. Whenever you see any items for sale with a lower-than-average price tag, don’t assume that the reduction in price is because the product is below par.
Stores and outlets the world over use sales and discounts for many reasons, and they’re rarely anything to do with an items quality so much as they’re to do with shifting stock out of the front door. Discounts equal profit increase, simple.
Jewelry stores, online or otherwise, are no different. You may be looking at a pair of stunningly good diamond drop earrings, and you want to buy them but for the massive price drop. What are you waiting for? Unless there’s information that details the earrings are of a lesser quality, then there’s nothing wrong with them.
They could be on sale because of one of several reasons, none of which point to you being sold down the street on the seat of your pants:
- end-of-season sale. All stores, whatever the product base, host seasonal sales. It’s the best way to sell unsold stock, and commonly seen in online outlets and high streets stores the world over
- end-of-line. Again, stores liquidate stock by reducing the price once an item or product line has become discontinued. Everybody knows that stock that sits on the shelves is worthless, right?
- the product is down to the last few pieces – time to shift it out of the door by enticing potential sales with a hard-to-ignore reduction in the price
- new stock is on its way, and the old stuff needs to be moved out to make room
- it’s a new line and hasn’t been selling as well as expected – no matter what the RRP, sometimes the guys doing the pricing get things wrong
As you can see, there are numerous reasons, and all point towards you bagging a great deal, rather than being sold some worthless junk. A pair of diamond earrings that are selling for $350 less than the original price are most likely exactly what they look like – an awesome deal. Grab them while you can.