Christmas is the most special time of the year. Celebrated with high spirit throughout the world, this day brings surprise gifts, visits, and parties from families & friends, and not to forget the famous Santa Claus.
Sale of every product from electronics to jewelry including loose diamonds goes up drastically. And women are the ones benefitting the most from discount offers from jewelry merchants. In the last few years, buying loose diamonds for Christmas has become more like a tradition.
A man to his wife, boyfriend to his girlfriend, a son to his mother, a brother to his sister, and sometimes even men are gifted with loose diamonds on Christmas. They represent a sign of love and togetherness. Though the diamonds cost a lot, they’re preferred over other diamond necklaces and Christmas earrings.
With the growing demand for diamond during the Christmas season, there’s chaos all around. People don’t know how to and what to buy. In fact, buying loose diamonds for Xmas day has become an art, which everyone wants to learn.
So, after a mind boggling session and hours of online research, we’ve accumulated valuable information for the diamond lovers. This will help them find gemstones worth their money in December this year.
Tips to Buying Loose Diamonds for Christmas
Set a Budget – Setting a budget doesn’t mean you’re short of money or something. It simply means to manage the finances well. That’s it. Loose diamonds are inexpensive compared to diamond necklaces, diamond engagement rings, earrings, etc. Therefore, check the pricing earlier and have a financial plan in place.
Doing so allows you to celebrate Christmas in a carefree way without thinking of the monetary issues.
Research Well – Visit nearby jewelry stores that deal with loose diamond sales. Take a look at different type of diamonds and their pricing. Compare the quality and pricing of the various wholesalers and figure out which store fits your budget and needs.
It is important for you to assess this before paying out your hard earned money. This keeps you away from fraud and at the same time helps you buy diamonds worth your money.
Check Certification – Diamonds are certified by Gemological Institute of America (GIA), and International Gemological Institute (IGI). These institutes are an authority in gemology. They’re responsible for grading of diamonds, doing gemology research, and providing jewelry education.
Hence, you’re advised to check the certification of the loose diamonds for Christmas before buying them.
The 4 Cs – Do check all the 4Cs carefully – cut, color, clarity, and carat-weight.
- The first C is cut. Shape of a diamond is determined by the way its cut. The different types of cuts that are often seen in diamonds are heart, oval, princess, radiant, round, and pear cut.
- The second C is color. You can buy loose diamonds for Christmas in any rainbow color. GIA rates diamonds based on their color from D (colorless) to Z (light yellow).
An individual without much knowledge cannot differentiate between different color diamonds; it takes years of experience and learning. Therefore, when you buy loose diamonds for the festive season, buy it from reputed and an established store.
- The third C is clarity. Clarity of a diamond is viewed depending upon the number of flaws and their locations. Its clarity is defined in about six ways. They are:
- Flawless (F)
- Internally Flawless (IF)
- Very Very Small Inclusions (VVS)
- Very Small Inclusions (VS)
- Small Inclusions (SI)
- Imperfect Eye-Ball Inclusions (I)
- The fourth C is carat-weight. The more the carat-weight of a diamond, the more its price and rarity will be. It determines the size of the loose diamonds from 1.00 carat to 3.00 carat. However, this doesn’t mean diamonds of same carat-weight may price the same. No, their prices can significantly differ based on their quality. So do check the diamond type as well.
Regardless of whether you are buying loose diamonds for Christmas, loose diamonds for thanksgiving or loose diamonds for Easter, these tips will surely help you out.
Benefits of Buying Loose Diamonds for Christmas
- Save Money – Buying loose diamonds for Christmas will save you considerable amount of money; because they’re inexpensive compared to diamond sets and other jewelry type.
- Excess Options – You’ve plenty of options to choose from. The size, shape, color, and carat-weight can be considered according to the budget constraints.
- Utilize them the Way You Want – Rather than restriction your options by buying a particular jewelry, you can utilize the loose diamonds the way you want.
Below are some ways you can make use of your investment in loose diamonds:
- Create beautiful necklace sets, earrings, engagement rings, or a special diamond set for your beloved on Christmas.
- Make use of your creativity and come up with exceptional jewelry designs.
- Keep the loose diamonds for Christmas and turn them into diamond jewelry later on. Thus, it saves money on making charges.
Loose Diamonds for Christmas – Are They a Better Option?
No doubt buying loose diamonds for Christmas is a great way to bring a big grin on the face of your loved ones. But, diamond investment is and has always been a wonderful investment option as well.
Compared to other options loose diamonds are cheaper and has more benefits. Women love gemstones more than anything else. And no wonder they are considered as women’s best friend.
Anyone can be buying loose diamonds with ease now. It’s an art to pick the right stones for your beloved. Because, it requires you to consider the gemstones of their choice without compromising on anything i.e. cut, color, clarity, and of course the carat-weight.